Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.
Force Realist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My place

2 posters

Go down

My place Empty My place

Post by Merovingian Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Hiya.  Just wanted to move my stuff here.  Mostly I like the potentium stuff...is there a group for that?  How's this jazz work?
Merovingian
Merovingian

Back to top Go down

My place Empty Re: My place

Post by Merovingian Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Justice demands suffering.

I think that a lot of people love to pretend.  They make themselves feel good by "not falling to their level".  They see themselves as selfless, believing themselves to be heroes.  But heroism is dead.  Selflessness,the motivation for heroism, is a lie. I feel like heroes seek redemption, fame, glory, or eventual salvation; all of these things come from selfishness, the driving force of the average person.

I've only seen people who are corrupted by selfishness; there are always needs and desires to be filled-even love is corrupt; it is create through someone providing material and emotional support for another.  So instead of following "justice", aka political correctness, people should remove themselves from society to remove its power.  Embrace the fall and find true justice, like mortox describes.
Merovingian
Merovingian

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 am

Where I think you are more right then wrong, their are those out there who seek to be helpful to others.

There are those who think that the best they can do is through helping others because well... life is too short to think for oneself... so to leave the planet a better place then what they found it is a goal of mine.

Of course... looking at the planet, one can readily state I have not done very well at this goal... but in my area of influence I feel I have done well.

Redemption requires having someone in mind who you can redeem yourself too.
Fame and Glory same thing.
Salvation if it is a goal, is founded in the philosophy that someone actually knows what is wrong with them.  Something I find missing in everyone... to include myself.

All are recipes for a negative ending.

But lets be honest, being a 'hero' is in itself a selfish act.
To help another, one must have taken the time to get into a position to be able to help another.

So lets dispense with this idea that selflessness is the motivation for being a hero.
Humility is the motivation for being a hero.

For if you are selfless or selfish is irrelevant.

Humility, the ability to appreciate other human beings is what makes a hero.
A hero does not sacrifice their life because they rate the value of their life to be so low.
A hero sacrifices their life because they rate the value of those they save that high.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum