Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.
Force Realist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets hash this out Mortox.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lets hash this out Mortox. - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets hash this out Mortox.

Post by Micheal Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:46 am

Sorry, am trying to catch up so do not completely understand all of the context being presented.

This was posted with the understanding things were taken from Vix.  If I am not accurate then I apologize for that part. 

Please see the part I added to my last post for I wish you to understand my posting here is evolving as I better understand what has happened in my absence.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 am

Micheal wrote:Sorry, am trying to catch up so do not completely understand all of the context being presented.

This was posted with the understanding things were taken from Vix.  If I am not accurate then I apologize for that part. 

Please see the part I added to my last post for I wish you to understand my posting here is evolving as I better understand what has happened in my absence.

Okay... 

I had wondered for a moment. Surely my aesthetic change to Vix's account (special rank) did not cause such legendary butthurt to warrant you chastising me and using that dreaded Morty name.Shocked
Grey
Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:54 am

Ah... I ask for a little creative license then in the near future!!!
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Yea now this is what I’m talking about! I was hoping a little combat would bring the lions from their dens to mix it up a bit on the savannah!  Hmm lots to catch up on. Let me give it a try here.

David, I understand what you’re saying about Mortox’s secret nature. I encountered it a while ago in a different thread where she was very hesitant to speak of her spirituality. It’s obviously a deeply personal and intimate thing for her. That also makes it a highly volatile point of contention, a weak point if you will that generates strong emotion and reaction. So I can see the Vulcan characterization but if anyone knows Vulcans they know that under that cool exterior is a ferociously emotional passionate heart!

Micheal, I utilized the argument because it was effective, nothing more. It brought her out and got her interacting with me. That’s all I wanted. As for me needing her to go away, on the contrary, I want more interaction. The two of us chasing each other’s tails all over this board was some of the best fun this place has given yet. Your right about the FA as well. It’s so boooring sometimes! I’ve had threads deleted and people just don’t respond. Hell their chat is even dead most of the time. It’s hard to generate conflict when no one engages and I get so tired of talking about guns and politics. Blechh! But I can talk spirituality foreva!! tongue

Mortox, I don’t have any ill will toward you and I don’t dislike you. I’m just trying to get to know you and maybe sometimes I play to rough. If I did I’m sorry (I forget sometimes and my pounce squishes out guts) I do have respect for your beliefs but I also love a good challenge and even more so a good fight. For me it’s all in the spirit of what I’m trying to accomplish in my life, to learn the value of passion and the art of conflict. I think these things permeate every aspect of our lives. Jedi may not acknowledge it but for me I find it stupid and ridiculous for them to deny it.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 pm

VixensVengeance wrote: Jedi may not acknowledge it but for me I find it stupid and ridiculous for them to deny it.

Thankfully, I do know a few like this.  This is certainly not me.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Micheal wrote:
VixensVengeance wrote: Jedi may not acknowledge it but for me I find it stupid and ridiculous for them to deny it.

Thankfully, I do know a few like this.  This is certainly not me.

Yes I think you are correct. I don' sense that about you and its why I enjoy our interactions. Others i have encountered have either gone so far into the white light they are totally ineffective, as David describes his journey into Buddhism, or have gone so far Into the dark they become overly introspective and lose their edge. I dont want to be vapid or ever lose my edge. It takes effort and constant attention to self and surrounding.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:15 pm

It seems obvious to me... but I recognize many do not see it this way.
If their is nothing worth giving your life for... their is nothing important but yourself.

Which is to say you cannot claim to care about the world and others if you are not capable of looking at anything and stating, "I would die for that".  For me, this is core of being a jedi.  If not then you are Sith because you do care more about yourself then anyone else.

Which is not to say Sith would not give their life for something... I think Sith look more at the trade off to determine what would give the most positive benefit to their current pursuit.  Just rarely see that dying would be seen as a net positive to them is all.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Mortox wrote:
Micheal wrote:Morty...

You please must stop acting out like this.  Remember limiting my restrictions over at the FA when you had the ability was one of the reasons you started your slide.
Micheal, I am having an issue understanding if this is sarcasm or if you actually have a serious concern over me altering an aesthetic label I enabled here in the first place?

It was an, albeit harmless, abuse of power.

There is no argument for faith; don't go there. It's like a favorite color. Why do I like wearing black? Dunno. Fuck off if ya don't like me or my shirt. See? You believe because you do, and that requires no further justification. It seems like it should, but it doesn't. Gods-n-stuff are beyond the physical senses, thus to require physical evidence is asking too much.

But ya, you crossed the line a teensy bit. Luckily, you did the mature thing and fixed it.
David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:Mortox, I don’t have any ill will toward you and I don’t dislike you. I’m just trying to get to know you and maybe sometimes I play to rough. If I did I’m sorry (I forget sometimes and my pounce squishes out guts) I do have respect for your beliefs but I also love a good challenge and even more so a good fight. For me it’s all in the spirit of what I’m trying to accomplish in my life, to learn the value of passion and the art of conflict. I think these things permeate every aspect of our lives. Jedi may not acknowledge it but for me I find it stupid and ridiculous for them to deny it.

If you desire to get to know me, you might be better served to engage me in polite discussion, rather than uninvited debate? While you enjoy fighting, I prefer calmer forms of interaction, and while you are hot, I tend to be cold.

Regardless, thank you for your apology.
Grey
Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:58 am

What happened to my post? It was right here where this one is, and now it's gone.
David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 am

Oh was that yours? Sorry I ate it. Embarassed
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:31 am

Weird dietary conditions
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2