Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.
Force Realist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 Annual Gathering

4 posters

Go down

2018 Annual Gathering Empty 2018 Annual Gathering

Post by Setanaoko Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:37 am

Sevierville, TN 37862

Dates:
21 June 2018 (Thursday)-
24 June 2018 (Sunday)

Price (includes meals and lodging):
$150/person
$100/children under 12
$75/person for individual night pass (includes meals for the day)
$50/person if you plan on staying off site and eating any meals with us
No pets

Payment should be sent through paypal at 
[ltr]jedi_shaman@hotmail.com[/ltr]
 (Gabriel Calderon is handling the treasury this year). The location actually does have an incremental payment plan, so we are hoping that we can have everyone that wants to sign up pay by April to ensure we do not lose the site. 

After you have secured your spot, please shoot me a message here or at 
[ltr]Alethea.thompson@hotmail.com[/ltr]
 with your name and anyone accompanying you, if you’re driving and willing to carpool if someone is along your route, any food considerations (I eat in accordance with Kosher rules minus mixing milk and meat-so that is covered XD), and anything else you may think is important.

We’ve got some awesome things planned. In the past an itinerary has been written out- but I think this year to keep the advertisement from falling to the wayside, I’ll release information about our workshops incrementally. ^^ I’ll start this week when I have a computer and not typing on my phone XD.
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

2018 Annual Gathering Empty Re: 2018 Annual Gathering

Post by Setanaoko Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:05 am

What better way to get to know someone, then by learning about how they see their path? This year, we want Jedi to focus more on using one of the listed documents/doctrines to support their beliefs as to how to react to different situations or ethical questions. So as you trickle in, join me at the table to discuss yours and others paths' philosophy.

Jedi Compass
Jedi Circle
21 Maxims
The 16 Teachings of the Jedi (there are two different versions taught- one at ToTJO and one at ToTJF)
The 13 Vows of the Jedi (Temple of the Jedi Force)
Jedi Behaviors (pulled from the Fiction)

The gatherings are not limited to Jedi, we've had non-Jedi attend in the past and welcome them equally. We want to have them participate in this discussion as well, and explain how their answers relate to their path. As such, we encourage them to use the code or doctrine which best represents them.

With that said, we have yet to compile scenarios and questions that can be explored. So if you have any you wish to submit for review- send them my way at alethea.thompson@hotmail.com . Keep them clean though, I'm not looking for anything that is highly polarizing (e.g. Modern Political issues). This is suppose to be a fun, yet beneficial experience.
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:07 pm

(NOTE: Apparently the Shadow do have a document I've been informed of ^^.  It is called "Shadowness" by Pelar, so this will the document required by anyone representing the Shadow Aspect.)
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:01 pm

What about the Sith code? Peace is a lie, there is only passion and all that...
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Using the codes are too easy, XD- I'd rather the Sith use either "Diversity. Unity. Individuality." By Emma Sinclair or "Darkness and the Individual" by Richard Irvine.  And only because those are the easiest to use in the way that the Jedi use the above listed pieces.

The Jedi and Sith Code are rather dumb, and written with the purpose of being polar opposites.  Granted, the Sith Code is superior in it's construction- but it's hardly something to use as a way of conveying what the Sith Path is really about.  Sith isn't about pursuing a particular set of values or rules- it's about pursuing your passions- which is tied directly to the "Individual".
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Ahh well I meant sith teachings in general, not specifically the codes. Thanks for the info. I found at least what I believe to be irvines teachng. Lol I looked him up originally on Amazon and could find nothing. So I looked up the name and found a 19th century poet. It took me a bit to realize you were talking about a former dark leader! At least I assume that's the one you are referring too! Sorry, newb here, any other suggested docs you can think of?
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:14 am

All of the material I'd recommend from the Sith's Historical works are either at Order of the Sith or Force Academy's Wiki.
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Didn't really answer my question but cool.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 pm

[ltr]Knighting trials have been a part of the Jedi Gatherings for awhile now. Sometimes we want to have an opportunity to see if we match up to those we consider our peers. The Jedi Federation has taken up the role of doing in-person trials. If a Jedi passes the trials, then they will have recognition as a knight with the Jedi Federation, and our support in sponsoring offline Jedi Chapters. Of course, it's a two way street- it's like an interview, a Jedi can go through the trials and determine whether or not they are ready just as much as our board will review them.[/ltr]
[ltr]This year, we're finally limiting how many candidates we will accept. Previously it was whomever applied, but after awhile we've found that having too many candidates is unmanageable- furthermore, we want to ensure that people are not set up for failure by just letting them come in. So if we have more than the allotted number, we'll vet those that apply and limit it to 4 candidates.[/ltr]
[ltr]Over the course of Friday, during our down times, a candidate will undergo a labyrinth led by one of our present Jedi Mystics (Alethea Thompson and Gabriel Calderon). The Labyrinth was first developed for trials in 2012 and has evolved even past the 2014 “American Jedi” film. The next step will be to have a student go through a board. This has also evolved since the “American Jedi” film, and focuses more on areas of concern outlined in the document “The Jedi Compass” which was written by the Jedi Community in 2013- later expanded upon in a book published in 2015.[/ltr]
[ltr]Finally, on Sunday, before we all depart, we will be holding a knighting ceremony for the candidates to be recognized as Jedi Knights by the Jedi Federation.[/ltr]
[ltr]If you're interested in being a candidate, please contact myself at SetanaokoMGiva@hotmail.com or on Facebook so I can get you the questionnaire, as well as two people within the Jedi Community that can write a reference for your candidacy (both of which will be used to vet candidates). A sponsor (one of the two giving you a reference) for your candidacy must be in attendance to present you to the board. The deadline for your submission is 15 April 2018.[/ltr]
[ltr]For more information about the basic Knighthood Standards for Jedi Federation, look here:[/ltr]
[ltr]http://www.jedifederation.org/images/Knighthood/Knighthood-Standards.pdf[/ltr]
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

(21 June) Thursday Night Journey

After dinner on the first night, Gabs and Ally will be split up between the two houses and guiding you through a meditation.  You will also be provided a journal to jot down as much of the meditation as you can recall when you surface from your journey.  Over the course of the weekend, you will have an opportunity to speak with both Gabe and Ally to talk with them about your experience and further explore possible interpretations, as well as what to do with what you’ve learned.

Gabe’s Shamanic Journey
Have you ever wanted to find more hours in the day to work on stuff? However, many people overlook the dreamscape. We will utilize our subconscious to help us resolve issues and overcome roadblocks we may have. Through a shamanic journey we will prepare for the work to come later that evening – as you sleep.

Ally’s on the Inner City

One of the concepts listed in the Jedi Compass is “Self Awareness”, the Inner City Meditation focuses on the Interior part of Self-Awareness, that part of you that determines what you think about yourself.  During this meditation, you will get to explore the city you have built for yourself in your mind.
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 am

Sorry I didn't keep this up-here's what you've missed:

Time is one of those elusive things we never seem to get enough of. We all know that it’s running out, so why can’t we pry ourselves off the couch and get on with making the most of what we have? 

In this seminar, Sith Lord Khaos will run you through the basics of managing your day more efficiently, and making more time for the things that matter most. You will learn: 

• The importance of a set morning routine
• The art of simplicity in maximizing your output
• How to prioritize effectively
• How the world is designed to hijack your passion, and what you can do about that

And many other tools to get you living the life you wish you were living

2018 Annual Jedi Gathering Update!
22 June 2018 (Friday) 

Are you interested in Podcasting or doing videos on YouTube? After lunch on Friday, you’ll get to hear from an All-Star panel of podcasters from Knights of Awakening, Jedi Realists Radio, and affiliates of Order of the Sith. Take this opportunity to ask questions, find out why we believe it is important to have these podcasts, and get tips for your own series.

Before dinner and after our panel discussion, our next workshop will be by Lord of the Sith Miles.

Wealth Management

There are four resources that are finite: Time, Energy, Health and Wealth. Actively managing these beings forth your best capabilities. Not doing so creates unnecessary challenges that make things exponentially harder and they are all related. In this session, we will talk about managing wealth. There is a basic approach: spend less than you take in. It doesn't matter how much or how little the intake is; success lies in the difference, and freedom is in the positive bottom line. This class will discuss budgeting, some foundational mindsets and basic planning that will increase chances of success, and a few basic ideas on how to go about thinking about wealth management at the household level. This includes:
• Assessing Fiscal health
• Budget Planning
• Long term vision
• Spending habits
• The effects on responsible Wealth management on Time, Energy and Health

Well everyone I've figured out the specialty coffee I'm bringing!!! Of course, if you want to bring some of your own, I won't hold it against you. I'm still trying to figure out a name FOR the coffee..but I'll have something by the Gathering. I also have one more tea to craft (Capriole Tea [Raven's] is complete!), it doesn't have a name yet either XD.
I bet you're dying to know what comes next though, aren't you? Well Saturday (23 June 2018) we're going to have a field trip to the Smokey Mountain National Park. We'll have to carpool (Convoy anyone?! Maybe I should bring some signs that say "Convoy" on them for the car in the front and one in the rear XD, I always wanted to steal one of those signs from the Army...I'll need to create a couple I suppose....or...not... lol). The trip will be the majority of the day, and our close out for the day is going to be so exciting. I can't wait to tell you about THAT one, but I can't just yet. So let's just begin with the next release- what we're doing that morning after breakfast.
The first thing on the agenda in the Smokeys is Meditation at the Sinks. But not only that, if you want, this area is suppose to be amazing for swimming- HOWEVER, you do so at your own risk. There have been deaths due to the currents and serious injuries. So, if we have any lifeguards attending, please identify yourself to us. I know I've never been qualified. I can just pass a Coast Guard swimming test. :/ But that's for a vast ocean...not an area with waterfalls. Still the waterfalls are amazing, bring your camera. Very Happy

2018 Annual Gathering 20160821-great-smoky-mountains-national-park-jb0397

To find out more about this gathering and how to reserve your spot (lots of openings Smile still available), join Jedi Federation's Facebook page and go to the events section.  I tried to make it a public event...but Facebook hates me :/

Bet you're dying to know what comes after the Morning Meditation on that Saturday, right?  Well there's lunch at Metcalf Bottoms, which we will be staying at for the remainder of our Field Trip.  There will be two parts to the workshop for the afternoon:

First Half:

We're going to put my degree to some use, and I'll be teaching a class on Search and Rescue.  Most people will expect that such a class is meant to teach you how to actually be a member of a SAR team.  However this class aims to teach you about awareness, preparedness and team work.  With some luck, I will be accompanied by a co-instructor that has quite a few years of experience in the field as a SAR leader.

Second Half (after a 30 minute snack break):

During the second half, we are going to have a practical exercise, where you will be asked to go on a short search of your own.  Because I want to run one team at a time, the exercise won't be long.  So don't worry about having to walk long distances.  It'll be fun, and a great learning experience.

2018 Annual Gathering Smoky%20Mountains%209%20May%202006%20017

We will leave Metcalf Bottoms at 5 PM for the cabins where preparation for an awesome ceremony and dinner will begin.  I'll tell you about that later though.  For now, let's just keep you in suspense and just say- as much as I love the workshops I'll be personally running, no workshop excites me about this gathering more than THIS ceremony.
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 am

And Finally, an offer:

So, we have been offered 2 scholarships to the Jedi Gathering. One of our supporters is offering to pay for two people to attend the Jedi Gathering, but only their fee to the gathering ($150), getting there will have to be on you. Still getting that initial payment up can be difficult, and we hope that two of you who really want to attend but can’t figure out how to pay the $150 will take advantage of this opportunity.

To get the scholarship, we are asking that you write a minimum of 1 page (double-spaced) on why you feel it would help you as a Jedi to attend the gathering. You can send your papers to [email=JediFederation6@gmail.com][ltr]JediFederation6@gmail.com[/ltr][/email]
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:52 am

Good luck with it.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:23 am

Having to go in order of our itinerary has been HARD! But I finally get to tell you my favorite event of this whole gathering. For years Gabriel Calderon has been a leader in the Jedi Community, and runs the oldest offline order Chicago Jedi. As a family member of this community, it's only natural for many of us to want to join him in one of his greatest joys- marriage.
Gabe and I have worked for years to create ceremonies for our Jedi Mystic program. And of all the things we've created, the ceremony that gains the most influence from Star Wars is the wedding we crafted. Inspired by Luke and MaraJade's wedding in the fiction (thank you Kitsu Tails for pointing us in the right direction!!! ^^), we hope that you'll be excited to join Gabriel and J Rolla Calderon as they share the first Jedi Wedding Ceremony ever performed in this tradition.
(P.S. Don't worry about what you're wearing to this event. The only people that are expected to go all crazy with their attire are the people involved in the ceremony Wink; also if you're thinking to bring gifts....Just remember that they are coming with a packed car from Chicago! They need room to get back home! XD)
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 am

We will have a variety of cold drinks (including bottled water) available for every meal.  If any of my attendee notices something in here they are allergic to, or think there might be an ingredient they are allergic to- LET ME KNOW so I can switch it out.

Thursday (21 June 2018)
We will have a variety of cold drinks (including bottled water) available for every meal.  If any of my attendee notices something in here they are allergic to, or think there might be an ingredient they are allergic to- LET ME KNOW so I can switch it out.

Thursday (21 June 2018)

Arrival-6:30
Navigation Cafe while we are greeting people coming in and talking Force Realist Philosophy with one another (navigating our beliefs and learning as we go, “Navigation”, get it?  Okay, I thought it was clever… XD), we will be enjoying  Nightsister Tea and a selection of finger desserts. 

6:30-7:30
Dinner: Spaghetti…I know it’s a bland description, but I don’t know how to describe it- I’m not the one making this one.  Apparently the sauce is amazing though. Very Happy  People who have had it just keep saying “Oh, it’s good.” Very Happy

7:30-9:30
You can take this time to talk more with each other and get to know one another and settle into your bunk-space.  There is something Gabe and I are looking into, so we might have another little surprise to fill in this time gap.  We’ll see. ^^

9:30:
Your choice of Gabe’s Shamanic Journey or Ally’s Inner City Meditation.

Friday (22 June 2018)

Until 9:30
Breakfast: Grits, Biscuits & Turkey Sausage Gravy, Scrambled Eggs w/ cheese (unless someone that can cook a prettier egg than me wants to help out, then we can have some over-easy and/or fried…I just can’t do pretty eggs XD).  If you’re still hungry, there will be an assortment of pastries, instant oatmeal, cereal and yogurts left over.

9:30-11:30
A Day of Efficiency with Sith Lord Khaos

11:30-12:30
Lunch: Sandwich Bar (create your own), Vegetable Platter, and Assorted Chips

1:00-3:00
The Podcasting Panel

4:00-6:00
Wealth Management

6:30-7:30
Dinner: Antebellum Inspired dinner with Collard Green stuffed Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes (REAL mashed potatoes, none of that instant non-sense XD) and Peas with Pearl Onions.

7:30-9:30
After Dinner Dessert & Jedi Sextant: The Navigation Cafe opens once again, this time to play our rounds of the Jedi Sextant and enjoy the discovery of our thought processes once more!  This time, however, we will be having Capriole Tea and a selection of finger desserts.

Saturday (23 June 2018)

Until 8:30
Breakfast: Assorted of pastries, instant oatmeal, cereal, yogurts, and eggs & sausage/bacon for anyone that wants to cook their own.

8:45

Field Trip Departure for the Sinks in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park.

9:30
Morning Meditation at the Sinks

10:45
Leave the Sinks for Metcalf Bottoms Picnic Area, where we will spend the remainder of our Smokey Mountain’s Field Trip

11:00
Lunch: Sandwich Bar (create your own), a small assortment of picnic salads, Vegetable Platter and Watermelon (well as long as I can find a few!  It IS the summer, there’s no telling when everyone wants one!!!)

12:00

SAR Workshops

3:00-3:30
Snack Time: since we’re having a slightly later dinner, and we had an earlier lunch.  Snacks will include things like pretzels, small cookie packages and drinks.

3:30-4:45
SAR Exercise

5:00
Return to Cabins

7:30
Gabriel and Jay Calderon’s Jedi Wedding

8:30
Dinner: Shabu-Shabu.  It’s a Japanese communal dish, look it up.  It’s really awesome Very Happy.  Hope you guys can use chopsticks!!! It’s just not the same without them!!!

After Dinner Dessert: Finally we have the Celebration Cafe. This cafe opens in honor of both our wedded couple, and your journey here at the Jedi Gathering.  Featuring a tea called “The Shaman’s Love” and a specialty coffee “Apple of His Eye”, served alongside Japanese-inspired parfaits.  During this time, have fun with the people you have met this weekend, talk about things you learned, sign each other’s commemorative journals you got at the beginning of the gathering.  

Sunday (24 June 2018)

Until 8:30
Breakfast: Assorted of pastries, instant oatmeal, cereal, yogurts, and eggs & sausage/bacon for anyone that wants to cook their own.

8:45
Knighting Ceremony for anyone that passed the Knighting Reviews.

9:00-10:00
Final Clean-ups and Farewells

Drive Home: If there are leftovers, like lunch meat and the like, we will be providing you with ziplocks so you can take some food on the road with you.  Maybe stop at a nice outdoors location and enjoy the scenery of East TN on your way out, or in between states. Smile
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:57 pm

I can't believe it!  Tomorrow I set out for East TN, to attend and host the largest Jedi Gathering to date!!!

We booked the whole place, and have a couple of attendees staying off site.  I'm looking at 36 attendants!  THIRTY-SIX!

I am so excited, but please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I cook for all of them! Very Happy
Setanaoko
Setanaoko

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum