Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.
Force Realist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation?

5 posters

Go down

Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation? Empty Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation?

Post by Grey Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Recently, my position on banning trophy hunting was challenged by this perspective:
Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation? Sa-310

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070315-hunting-africa.html
Grey
Grey

Back to top Go down

Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation? Empty Re: Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation?

Post by David Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:44 am

To use technology like a weapon that you did not develop, pay someone to fly you in a vehicle you are unlicensed to operate, and hire a local to take you to within direct sight of an animal is something to get a trophy for? I'm confused.
David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation? Empty Re: Can Trophy Hunting Aid Conservation?

Post by VixensVengeance Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:29 pm

So mortox your willing to trade blood for land and money?
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 am

Because putting controls in place in order to conserve wildlife is always such a noble endeavor. Rolling Eyes
I remember shooting my first deer.  I utilized a 270 with a 110 grain bullet backed by 130 grains of powder.  For this rifle, it was an amped up bullet.  I know because I made it, which is typical of hunters. The rifle itself was tailored to my shooting style to the point that where the affective range of this rifle was normally 300 yards, I could pinpoint a shot at well over 700 with the right scope.

The deer saw me and started running away, so I took aim and shot, and missed.

Not surprising, the range was about 500 yards.  So I took the approximate area where the bullet hit, adjusted for windage and shot again.

The bullet entered the back of the head as the deer ran away from me and killed it instantly.

Back then I was pretty good at taking life.

Sickened Dragonmaster?  I am sick and tired of self righteous people like you who think their is something to taking life that is negative while completely excluding the fact that you are still alive.

WE EAT LIFE... or we die.

PTSD exists because of self righteous nonsense like what you put forth and people actually believing you believe what you state.  Fact is, only certain lives matter to you.  Not all.  The ones you imagine cry when they get hit. 
Now... as far as trophy hunting.  Say what you will.  Without seeing the entry wound, I would say this shot was from the ground.  That is a scoped rifle, any vibration would make it impossible to site the lion well enough to take an accurate shot from a self propelled vehicle of any type.  So I would say that took some courage to do.  And a lot of money.

Not to mention killing a male, not a female, allows for the continuation of the pride.  Due to the dryness of the area and his warm dress, the shot was taken in the  late fall early winter during the dry season.  The mating season was already over, so even if all males of age were killed, other males would be along shortly to continue the growth of the pride.  A typical 'conservation' step done by every state in the US.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:12 am

Michael the difference between the kill you made and the kill of this lion is that (I assume) you used every bit of that deer. The meat, maybe the hide, the horns etc. You ate the animal you killed as it should be. That lion will end up stuffed and on a stand for no other reason than the joy of killing it and displaying it. That is why trophy hunting is a waste. Its killing for ego, not survival.

And David, yes I can still admire the skill in which the hunter made his shot and the bravery he may or may not have displayed in challenging himself in this way but I can still find the act itself as self aggrandizing and a wasteful use of passion.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum