Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.
Force Realist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear as mud.

2 posters

Go down

Clear as mud. Empty Clear as mud.

Post by David Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 am

I posit that the sense of balance (the spiritual stasis between perceived dichotomies) comes from an inclusive world view and therefore exists as a form of noncritical thought.

Take lighting a cigar as an example. To light a cigar, you suck air through it while holding the tip in a flame.

Easy enough, right?

Well. There are some who would engage negotiation of the tip within the flame. They would argue that held at the bottom of the flame takes too long for a lighter to be economical. They would argue if held too far way that the cigar would never light, and the same if the tip was allowed to extinguish the flame.

From these arguments they justify their Taoist leanings.

But, no one said to do any of their arguments. Read the underlined instructions again. If followed as written it will work 100% of the time.

There are no loopholes or exceptions. If you choose to add irrelevant information to the instructions for every possible contingency of error, you have a troubleshooting manual for your error, not balance in the universe.

Critical thinking chooses to seek ways to make it work. If you are under water or find yourself in the near vacuum of space, obviously you will need to move environments in order to follow the instruction. Furthermore, if you cannot get the cigar lit, you're probably an idiot who doesn't need one anyway.

Thought?

Have any balance in your life?
David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Clear as mud. Empty Re: Clear as mud.

Post by VixensVengeance Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Balance is not the harmony of your environment, it is the pursuit of the struggle.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Explain please.
David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 am

Our existence in this reality in one in which we experience a natural dichotomy. hot-cold, good-bad etc. However people often confuse the dichotomy itself with an aspect of that dichotomy. Take fear for example. Jedi say fear is a bad thing because it leads to hate and suffering. But they are describing only one aspect of fear, the negative aspect. What about the positive aspect of fear? The one that saves your life when danger is near. It is not the emotion itself that is good or bad but the way it is used, positively or negatively. Same goes for hate, anger, aggression, love, compassion.. anything you can think of in and of itself possesses this natural dichotomy. Love and hate are not opposites because both have a positive and a negative component themselves.

Apply this to harmony. People say they want harmony over conflict. That's fine but a negatively aspected harmony leads to stagnation. This stagnation does not require conflict to make harmony something not desirable. So what drives us to search for that positive harmony? It is the knowledge or awareness of the conflict. Both are required and both must be embraced in positive manners in order to find balance. This is the struggle.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 pm

You have contradicted yourself. I never said harmony. I said stasis. That is, the stillness that occurs when objects collide and come to rest. The place where they settle. For example, right now we are all experiencing 1G, or 1 times earth gravitation. It is being exerted on our bodies equally from all directions. We have blood pressure in our veins and arteries to compensate for it. Thus, we explode if placed in a vacuum, or implode if carried to the bottom of the ocean where atmospheric pressures reach far beyond the norm for which we evolved. Right now, the diameter of you body dimensions is the compromise between these two oppositional forces.

How did you leap from what things are to how one feels about those things?

In any case, the undoing of duality is nonduality. The opposite of any given emotion is apathy.

Out of time. Gotta go
David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm

I havent contradicted myself. You asked me to explain my statement, my statement contains the term harmony. I explained it. As for being in space, our bodies will not explode in a vacuum. That is a misnomer. As well our bodies can survive up to 12 atmospheres of depth. (not without side effects but in both cases they can survive.) it is not a hard point of balance, it is a range. Just as my examples.

Im not sure what you mean by leaping from what they are to what I feel about them?
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:30 pm

The duality you presented was on a subjective object. Conversations about perception are difficult enough.

I never said space; I said placed in a vacuum. Even in a near vacuum your blood would begin to boil and the body would expand with gases until it explodes like a beached whale. Also, the pressures at the bottom of the ocean typically range from 3000 to 9000 pounds per square inch (says NASA). This is not survivable.

I still don't get how you're original post relates to the topic.

David
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 pm

well semantics but you wont actually explode or your blood will not boil. What will happen is you will develop the bends, (nitrogen in the blood) and you might swell but you wont explode. Your saliva might boil but not your blood as its still under the pressure of your body.

my original statement had nothing to do with the OP other than to add to the the thoughts you presented. It was just a simple comment. nothing more. Then you asked me to explain it, so I did.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum