Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.
Force Realist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No school tax

2 posters

Go down

No school tax Empty No school tax

Post by Micheal Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:23 am

In California, a bill is being put forth stating people who own a house but do not have kids in public schools would not have to pay property taxes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/california-proposal-no-kids-then-dont-pay-school-taxes.html

For starters... this bill is a non-starter.  the idea that California (much less any state) which would be willing to give up revenue is preposterous.

However... I have another idea... which is also a non starter mind you... but it makes you think.

What if you still paid as much in taxes as you did last year... but now you got to determine how much of your money went to what part of the government... and you figured this out by placing a percentage by the government fund you would contribute to and not to others.

I would be very curious what would be funded.

Alternately... those who do not pay taxes... but get returns due to any benefit (child tax credit, etc)  you got to choose what departments you got money from.

How would it change perceptions about the government?

Edit:  How much would government change in order to advertise its individual parts so as to garner money?
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

No school tax Empty Re: No school tax

Post by VixensVengeance Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:12 pm

I would demand all my money went to the protection of the wolf populations that have been systematically eradicated.
VixensVengeance
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:56 am

That issue is quite the debate in my neck of the woods.  The government is trying to re-introduce the New Mexico wolf into New Mexico after stupidly getting rid of them.  And my God you should hear some people complain about it.

Those with livestock I get... penned cows and chickens are a ready food source... but those who do so simply because those fighting to introduce them are of a different political persuasion.  The same people who complain about the Wolf being brought back from extinction in New Mexico are the ones demanding that irrigation in California not be used to water plants for fear of the extinction of the California Smelt (A fish about as long as your thumb).

Humanity seldomly understands how their actions affect the world around them.  Their are two certainties:

1.  It is never good for humanity to knowingly make a race extinct like with the New Mexican wolf.
2.  It is never good for humanity to knowingly keep a race from going extinct when the only reason why the race still exists is due to a fluke by man.
Micheal
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum